Commissions of children, a spouse, parents or friends are fabulous gift ideas for any holiday or special occasion. A portrait of that important individual depicting their dedication to the job, a graduation, an anniversary, a wedding, etc. can make a lifetime impression. A special pet, a special place, a special occasion can be created for that special someone.
Fine art can be enjoyed for generations.
Commissioned artwork can be of any subject (portrait, landscape, seascape, still life, etc.) and medium. The price will vary based on the work or detail involved, size, medium, etc. Please Contact Us for questions.
What is involved when commissioning artwork?
- You become part of the creation process providing ideas and vision.
- You assist in guiding the creation during the regular progress discussions.
- A Commission Agreement signed by both parties before starting any artwork.
- 1/3rd deposit required when Commission Agreement is signed.
- Once commission work has begun, the deposit becomes non-refundable.
- Regular progress discussions will occur in person or remotely. Feel free to check on the progress at anytime
- Thumbnail sketches or rough drafts are created, discussed and a design is agreed upon before moving forward.
- The amount of time needed to complete artwork varies with the subject, size and other unforeseen factors.
- Initial meeting – “Meet and Greet” to discuss and establish a concept for the project.
- Topics might include size, colors, mood, location the artwork will hang, ideas, vision, artwork genre, artwork medium, etc.
- Discuss price, timeline, framing and sign Commission Agreement.
- 2nd meeting – to discuss thumbnail sketches, rough drafts or preliminary paintings. Establish agreement on concept and direction the finished artwork will take.
- Progress – images of the final sketch or underpainting are provided.
- 3rd Meeting – about midway through the project view and discuss any concerns or adjustments that might be needed.
- Progress – images of the almost completed artwork are provided.
- 4th Meeting – the finished artwork is presented.